Monday, October 6, 2008

Protests and pounding feet

So in the past two days I've been witness to two large scales protests while I was on the bus.


The first effected me the least but pissed me off the most. On all four corners of a major intersections there were anti abortion protesters. Now let me say that I have the utmost respect for everyone on both sides of the debate and as log as you don't try to hurt me or force your views on me I'm fine in fact I could even have been bothered by the protest if there hadn't been a small girl of maybe 7 , looking cold and bored holding a sign saying " Abortion hurts children".

I'm sorry I refuse to believe that kid was out their of their own free will and wanted nothing more than to the spread the word of pro life. Think what you want people but exploiting a child to save children just smacks of wrong to me. It was cold yesterday you were standing right at a bus stop breathing in fumes and at least one of you was using your child to promote your message.

The second protest was part of a sepcial bus union on strike. All the morte power to them asfar as I'm concerned except when they are marching infront of mah buss making it impossible to leave the station. making me nearly late to job trianing does not make me sympathise more with you. also your stike is causing choas tryign to get anywhere on the busses that are left.

I had job trianing today 3 1/2 hours on me feet and they ache like hell.

p.s To nut nut: You should petition to get Canadian election coverage, the things we do are important too I swear.

4 comments:

Nut Nut said...

I feel the same way as you about forcing things upon children, especially when they are way too young to understand or be able to form their own opinion. My husband and I plan to raise our child in such a way where he is comfortable forming his own opinions and beliefs on his own terms. Ergh.

The bus strike also hits home because the train union I take to SF almost daily tends to threaten strikes each time their contract is up, causing much distress to oh, about a bazillion people. We all got somewhere to go and our own lives to live...let us do so normally.

I don't doubt Canadian politics aren't important to our country or our world. When will my country realize that? Maybe when the economy really does fall to nothing....

lil miss hissyfit said...

If your economy falls to nothing I'm certain Canada will offer to give you monies, in the form of buying oh say Alaska and possibly new york.

I think honestly that world politics are important. While the president of France doesn't majorly affect us often. It's important to know what other populations worldwide view as important qualities in their leaders. It lets the world see where we stand morally as a whole.

BTW if your debate tonight interrupts my watching of my precious weight loss show i will be devastated. I need the motivation.

Pal Hal Pall said...

If you think that's bad, in France, when the rail workers were on strike, they burned rail lines and violently sabotaged the whole system. You can criticize it if you want, but the fact is that workers in that country get a lot more than workers here. Another big factor is that people automatically support striking workers there, and put pressure on either the government or the industry to give them a good deal. Here, the public turns on anyone on strike immediately.

lil miss hissyfit said...

Seriously? That just seems counter productive for them to do I mean once they got what they wanted they would still have been out of work a while while the rails were being fixed. Was anyone hurt by them screwing with the rails? Becuase burning them is one thing but burning them and trains derailing and killing propel is too far.

I support people striking as long as it doesn't hurt me. Yes it's s selfish but I have to try and make money too. I have no problem with the Viva people striking like I said I just don't think they help their case by making the public annoyed at them.

I'm not even sure why the strike is taking so long. TTc was only on strike a few hours wasn't it and they reached a deal for them. Viva carries an assload of people in the GTA and down major streets like Younge. The city should be giving them what they want and need and pronto.

I agree with you on the lack of public support matter ( though not in all cases since striking teachers tend to get lots of support). I'm bad about it myself at times. I can be selfish and my needs tend to come before others. Perhaps if we valued their needs as high as our own people would be inclined to do something to support them besides just honking their horns.


I feel sort of bad now or perhaps awkward. I should probably at least try and find out exactly what they are striking for. I did more than that for the hollywood writers strike and that barely affected me.