Friday, September 5, 2008

The first piece

I suppose the best way to start this off is with the basics.

Who are you?
I'm a 21 year old engaged woman living in the land of ice and snow. I'm at that awkward stage where I don't feel like a kid anymore, hate their music, don't understand their lingo and god forbid I try to figure out fashion today. Not that I was ever particularly fashion savvy to be honest. on the flip side anyone over the age of twenty three treats me like I'm a bratty teenager, incapable of being independent ( did I mention I live with my fiance, have worked and do my taxes ) or participating in adult conversations with any degree of seriousness.

It's a world of frustration because I want to talk world politics with other adults without being ignored and at the same time I don't want to feel so far removed from my childhood that I can't enjoy movies aimed at teenagers anymore. Somewhere I'm sure is a happy medium, all i hav to do is find it.

I am also an overemotional pisces, the new owner of a navy blue beta( gender unknown atm as I haven't looked and we inherited it) an avid reader and wistfully hopeful someday novelist. I like to study religions , dabble in cooking and I'm known for having a hard time staying on any particular topic.

Why are you blogging?
Becuase I'm too cool for LJ?

I'm here on blogger becuase it feels a bit more mature, of which I'm sure I'm probably wrong but hey all I've ever read on here are mommyblogs and it make my opinion biased for now.

Mostly though I wanted something new, a fresh start while I try and put my life together, a new group of people to get to known and share some good stories with.

What will be in this blog?

My life, rants, raves, Moments I feel like sharing and questions I feel like asking. I can't really label this blog yet. I don't really know all I'm going say here, I just know I have a lot to say.

3 comments:

Nut Nut said...

You sound like me years ago. While it gets easier (the "adult" conversations and being taken seriously), it never truly goes away. I imagine I'll be 50 and a 60-year-old will talk to me like I'm a stupid 20-year-old.

I found the best thing to do is ignore the idiots (although I don't always follow that advice because I have my nemeses, oh yes I do, and they bring out the child in me) and find those that recognize you as being the smart, well-versed in whatever subject person you are.

I know I kinda sound like I think I'm all wise and wonderful, and I really don't, I just have felt that way myself (I was 25 but looking 18, newly married, had been taking care of myself since I was 22 or 23 when I started working with "adults," and what a culture shock that was...).

You mentioned novelist - what are you interested in writing about?

lil miss hissyfit said...

Thanks, it's good to know that it does get better eventually.I suppose the worst part is that I can almost guarantee that when I'm 30 or so I'm going to look at people in the 18-22 year old range and go...what is wrong with them why are they so immature? I'll try not to but I think it's programmed into us or something.


Novel wise I want to write young adult stories, things that people my age can read for fun with a bit of sarcastic humor and acknowledgment of what we go through. Mostly fantasy genre.

A small part of me wants to do stories based loosely around some of the crazy and awesome mommyblogs I read. Except I imagine there's a very small market for stories about the day to day life of a family.

Nut Nut said...

I have to tell you, I do look at people in the early 20's or late teens, and I can't believe I was possibly like that. But I was. And that's just part of life.

I've read a few books that sound like what you're interested in reading - I wonder if you've heard of them. I love those types of books. Because it's such a particular place in your life and everyone does seem to go through similar situations.

I'm totally intent on writing a children's book with my own illustrations. I keep buying picture books under the pretense they are for my kid, but he only cares about board books, so I have to admit they are really for me. He's a good excuse for these things.