Monday, September 8, 2008

The lies are coming

So September is moving along nicely and I've realized the season of lies is about to begin.

The first lies will be from TV, promising you hot new shows, new and old shows alike will be promised in certain time slots. Said shows will inevitably end up scattered across the board due to mysterious rearranging after iniital viewer counts are in. They will also be continually displaced by whatever new political coverage the media feels needs more airing during campaign season.

Now don't get me wrong here I cannot wait for House, Numb3rs, CSI and Grey's anatomy to return. However I'm well aware that the promo material from the up coming seasons is filled with carefully cut and edited scenes misconstruing things. I know it's a marketing shtick but it gets old. Besides all those shows have been running so long that invested viewers don't care about the promos becuase we just want to get on with the story and anyone new caught watching them is just confused becuase you need to have seen previous seasons to understand what the promos mean.

All in all like most new seasons of TV I'm excited for and at the same time dreading the letdown I know is inevitable.

The second set of lies starting this season really only directly affects those in school or with friends there. During the first few weeks of classes pretty much all promises and assurances of meetings, agreements to send reminders about things or even call are void. School sucks away peoples time and more often than not people forget or are too tired to get back to prior commitments by the time school and homework is done . I'm not saying it's everyone but it does happen. I've been there on both sides so while in the past I have been pissed that I'm suddenly abandoned I've also called people last minute with a mumbled " School drained me can't come sorry," before passing out on the couch.

It's understandable becuase hey education is important but it seems like September even more than exam time distances people and leaves me feeling untrusting of anything promised by a school attending friend.


Election day in Canada is October 14. Just a few days ago the campaigning started, discerning truth from the lies on tv ads is now going to become a national pastime I'm sure

Just a few hours ago I checked out our main parties websites , somehow they are all claiming credit for the good things we have gotten lately and are all blaming each other ( cept the Bloc who is just sitting back laughing at us silly English speakers) for everything that's wrong. Even the party I want to vote for is playing this game. It may be a well known fact that politicians are deceivers but I'd like to vote for a lesser evil you know and it's hard when even the people you like won't play fair. Either way I expect lots of lying , scandals and ass covering over the next months.

Fall is approaching and it's once again safe for me to walk outside without suffering heat stroke or allergy attacks . It is also time for me to lie to myself that I don't really mind the extra lbs I'm carrying, that I can motivate myself to workout indoors rather than take a walk and that swaying side to side in my chair while watching youtube completely burns off the calories from the bowl of icecream I just ate.

Anyone else experiencing a season of lies about now?

No comments: